Adjectives of Character
- Put the words below into the correct gaps.
- I am ______________ because I enjoy being with other people.
- I am ____________________ because I prefer to be alone.
- I am ___________________ because I think of a lot of new ideas.
- I am ____________________ because I am never nervous.
- I am ___________________ because I think a lot and care about other people and their feelings. I respect people.
- I am ________________ because I am good with my hands.
- I am _________________ because I give a lot to other people.
- I am __________________ because I say things I don't really mean; for example I will tell someone that I like their new hairstyle but really I don't.
- Sometimes people tell me that I am _________________ because I always feel sure of myself. I don't mind speaking in front of a group of people, in fact I think I'm an excellent public speaker.
- I always worry what people think about me; I am very ________________
- I always cry at sad movies. I am ________________________ I worry about other people and how they are.
- Of the words above, decide which is the odd one out and say why.
- Now decide with your partner, which are positive, neutral and which are negative.
- With your partner, discuss which words describe yourself or a friend.
- Think of a person from your country who you really admire. Tell the whole class who it is and why you respect him/her.
© 2000 - 2006 eslsite.com All rights reserved.